Friday, August 27, 2010

Go time.

happy friday (:  once again we've made it through another work week!  it's not that work is bad or unbearable, i just hate dragging myself out of bed once 7:30 rolls around. i wake up twenty minutes before i need to and then try to coax my mind into drifting back to sleep but it wrestles back saying its silly to sleep agan. but in the end we must get up.  and that is how my mornings usually pan out.

the flip side to the morning is i'm usually awake first. which means i get the bebes when they first get up so they're full of love and purring mixed with a few face rubs.  this elates me. i hate leaving.. but coming home for lunch is a pretty good high too.  the cats wait in the window and when they see me walk up the driveway they'll flop down and wriggle.  eva will give me her belly. igor doesn't dig on me as much as eva but that's because he's smitten with charles. he'll even come when he calls.

last night charlie asked me if i'd be interested in going to new jersey this weekend. he told me his friend was back from california but only for a blink of time.. so after work today we're packin' up and traveling south.  i'm hoping for a stop at the beach. just to walk in the sand, it'll be eighty something out, i think we should take advantage.

it's a 5 hour road trip.  if it wasn't with charlie, it could potentially be brutal. we tend to have fun on our trips. the radio stays off or barely audible.  we laugh a lot and make plenty of stops.  i think the stops make it more fun.  you can get a quick glimpse of the inhabitants off the highway, can pee, stretch, grab some food, and fuel up.

t-minus one hour and twenty eight minutes till go time.

i'll miss the boogers though.. hmmph.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment